View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #67
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
With the best will in the world to Apple and those who need or want the iPad, my dream when I first started with ebooks twelve years ago was a simple, single-function, ebook-dedicated reading device no bigger than a paperback.

My dream came true. I already have a powerful PC with a huge monitor, a 17" laptop and a netbook. And -- for recreational reading -- I have my wee, easy-on-the-eye Sony PRS 505 with a whole library in there.

For me (sorry, Harry -- but surely a forum is about personal views -- the iPad is actually a step backwards for ebook reading, taking the onus off ebooks and offering a dozen distrations ... at a price.

Give the world something like the 505 -- even the Kindle -- bubble-wrapped at the supermarket checkout for sixty bucks, price ebooks fairly, and there will be an explosion in reading.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote