View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
How do you handle backing up books on your computer?

In the past, I would download a copy of every ebook onto my computer just in case. This was pretty simple when all my devices read eReader format. But now I have a Sony too and it reads a different format. Many of my bought ebooks are multiformat Fictionwise and hence are available in a choice of formats. I am wondering if it's necessary now to re-download onto my computer all of those? Calibre seems to be keeping copies of the ones on my reader now, but there are some I have read already that I did not put onto the reader. Are they safe just being in Fictionwise for future downloading if needed, or should I create a new folder on my computer and download them again in this new format?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote