View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #26
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
????

Did you read the part you snipped off the end? It made perfect sense to me with that bit. Or am I missing the joke?
(Note: as an IT professional, who runs several web and mail servers, I know a thing or two about this.)

What you've missed is that Giggles has no clue what he's talking about, and what it would take to create such a site. It's inconceivable to me that he's ever made more than minimum wage, if he's ever held down a job at all, and there's no way in hell he's go tthe money to buy the expertise, and it's clear he doesn't have it himself.

He doesn't understand why anyone would break in to a web site, while I've got several megabytes a day of web server logs of people trying to do just that. He believes that if he's arrested, it's up to him whether or not to go to court, and he clearly has no idea what the law says. Given Mobilereads sensitivity to piracy, I'm often amazed that Giggles hasn't been tossed for good for his open advocacy of it.

The joke you've missed is Giggles.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote