View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #266
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Hi! This is a very useful plugin, which is par for the course for kiwidude, thanks again for your valuable plugins

I see an issue which causes Sigil validation (and epubcheck) to fail. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a validation issue? Sigil says:

Code:
The "role" attribute is not an allowed attribute of the <creator> element.
The offending line is
Code:
    <dc:creator xmlns:ns1="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" ns1:file-as="Author, The" role="aut">Author, The</dc:creator>
(name changed to protect the innocent)

The workaround is trivial, as changing it to ns1:role="aut" fixes it. Is this a bug or am I doing something strange?

On a side note I'll chime in about the remove non dc:metadata option: while it's little hassle to run it twice, it's fairly counter-intuitive that it *doesn't* remove non dc:metadata if you also update metadata. I just do it in two passes, so it's no big issue at all, but I'd prefer the non dc removal to be run last
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote