Thread: PRS-600 Touch Electronic Bible
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
The reason I didn't include an internal TOC or hyperlinks was because on the PRS-505 it takes almost as long, or longer to select the correct link and activate it as it takes to just jump back to the external TOC.

I agree that an internal TOC would become far more useful with the touchscreen ebook readers.

Good luck creating your version

EDIT: Hmm, just looking at your TOC idea, would you mind if I end up borrowing it (or something similar) for mine?

Also, I don't know how the PRS-600 manages large ePubs compared to the 505, but speed is an important factor. It should be split into as many xhtml streams as possible - I ended up having a separate xhtml file for every chapter in the bible. And be careful when you build your toc.ncx file - you should reference the file itself and no more. Don't try to link to a specific spot in an xhtml file unless it's absolutely necessary (eg: verses).

Last edited by sherman; 10-01-2009 at 09:34 PM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote