View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Since I am familiar with almost all of the nominations this month, I'll list them in order of preference -

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - Voted for this one. It is short at only 150 pages and a great choice for December.

Ethan Frome - I saw the film when it first came out 20 years ago, but I've pretty much completely forgotten it. I've also never read Wharton so this would be a great start, and it's also short and good for December.

Cold Comfort Farm - I already have this book; I got it after becoming interested in it when it was nominated another month over a year and a half ago. I hope my copy is the good version! I've read a little of it and it's light and funny and good for December.

The Good Earth

Flush - Short and since I've never read Woolf would be a good start.

Little Women

Nicholas Nickleby - Longer than I'd like for December as I try to finish my reading challenge, but I really liked the film.

I, Robot - Eh, I'm having my recent fill of sci-fi with the books chosen for both book clubs for November, but still wouldn't mind.

Quo Vadis - Not what I'm in the mood for this month and is on the longer side as well, but sounds interesting and if it wins I'll give it a go.

Crime and Punishment - A great book, but I've already read it. I should be rooting for this one to win since then I'd have one less book to read to finish my reading challenge this year, but that would feel too disingenuous. But I admit, if it wins I won't necessarily be disappointed.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote