View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #71
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by isalivia2003 View Post
Got mine from Woot Friday, (it didnt have too far to travel) i have been trying for days w/o sucess to update to ermine, got it done finally by :
1)changing usb stick to Fat not fat32, (done by formatting usb)
2)also changed properties of file to opens with adobe pdf (right click look at properties)
3)also named it 'update' not update.zip.zip (will still be update.zip in properties)
4) i held down those 2 keys until i saw the updating screen. (longer than 10 secs)

i am not the most computer literate person but I dont consider myself to be helpless...
anyway hope this helps any wooters who will be on here trying to figure this out after they get theirs in the mail soon, good luck I am off to hook mine up with my local library now
I'm not sure what you were trying to do.

Yes change the format of the USB stick to FAT if necessary.

Your second item does not make any sense at all - how do you look at a zip file with adobe pdf, I assume reader, it won't see anything.

How did you end up with update.zip.zip when all you had to do was copy update.zip to the USB stick?

It looks as if most of your problems were of your own making by relying on windows and not realising the default action in a windows file viewer is to hide the extension of the file.

Sorry to sound hard but I have seen too many people make mistakes by thinking windows will do it for them.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote