View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scadgirl View Post
This is by far the WORST company I have had to deal with. I purchased the book tonight and have been trying to figure out how to access the file for hours. Once I figured out I needed adobe digital editions to read them- NOT stated on the website, I cannot enlarge the pages to even read them!!!! And to add insult to injury, there is no customer service number to call to resolve the problem. I purchased an expensive textbook I need to read for class tonight. I will spread the word to other students this is a waste of precious time and money. I have NEVER had problems downloading books from other online sources, like these. RIP-OFF!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!
I take it that you purchased a DRMed textbook in PDF. If that is the case, it is not Dessel's fault for the problems. The problems are because it has DRM. With the DRM, you have to use ADE. ADE is not really a good program for viewing PDF and if you have a smallish screen, you just have to deal unless you can strip the DRM to be able to use Acrobat Reader.