View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #126
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Personally I don't get much out of browsing books in bookstores anyway and never had really,
How can you seriously tell what a book is gonna be like by flipping through a few pages anyway?
The online experience is much better for me.
I don't understand this. How is it better to browse in a setting where you can't tell the length of what you're buying and often don't have access to even a few pages to flip through, and if you do, they're the first few pages; no flipping to the middle of a nonfic book and seeing if their charts are useful to you?

Quote:
I DO buy pbook gaming books (for tabletop RPGs) and I make an effort to goto our local bricks and mortar gaming store. He's friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable of his products and I'm happy to pay a bit over the odds vs online for that.
I mostly buy PDF gaming books these days. If I want a paper copy for the charts and to share with other gamers, I'll print them out myself; I no longer prefer reading the book on paper.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote