View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Anyone else like to share what words they've looked up?
I really would like, but I can't. You seem to refer to monolingual dictionaries in your mother tongue but when reading a German book I almost never ever look up a word. What I look up quite regularly are "knowledge things" the book refers to like maps or biographies or historical articles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've seen a number of threads where people have asked why one needs a dictionary on a reader.
I really need a dictionary on a reader but this is for reading books in English or Russian = in a foreign language. I use them in two ways. Sometimes I look up almost every unknown word and sometimes only when I can't get the meaning from the content.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote