View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Website and Kobo desktop issues

I am having a problem with both the kobobooks.com website and the desktop app. Both seem to be having problems rendering some images - this has only happened this morning, last night it was perfect.

On the website under My library all the buttons to download epubs are missing, and when you browse books, many covers are replaced with a grey empty box (not the same as the red cross box that you get in IE sometimes, this is a simple grey square). I've tried using Chrome and Firefox, same result.

In the kobo desktop, the shop is HTML based only, no images at all. I logged out of the desktop then back in again, then sync'd - all my books downloaded again without covers - and without even the publisher generic covers.

also tried via my phone (3G so not connected to my router). Was unable to connect to the site at all.

Is this just a problem at my end - in which case I'll wait and hopefully it will go away - or are others seeing problems as well (it is Canada Day so maybe the site has issues they aren't aware of).
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote