View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Guess I'll go first since I nominated it, although I just finished it yesterday so I'm still kind of thinking about things.

Action, adventure, heroism, betrayal, chivalry & romance. Robin Hood, Templars, Friar Tuck and Richard the Lion Heart, what's not to like?

I enjoyed the book. I can definately see the language & structure not being to everyone's liking, I know a friend of mine gave up reading it a while back because of what he called dated writing.

I grew up liking stories of knights, the crusades, Normans, Saxons, etc. so this book definately had all of that going for it from my perspective. I think the setting had a lot to do with my liking of this book and thought the actual story told was just OK. I was disappointed that there isn't all that much character development for the most part, well except for maybe Rebecca. One fairly minor character who kind of stuck with me was Ulrica and her experiences in the past while I found the title character fairly dull when he did get some 'screen time'.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote