View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #158
TCCPhreak
TCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4GNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
fastboot is in the bist u-boot image, which is saved to a different location than the partitions or the kernels. Flashing kernels and partitions does not affect the u-boot images. You need to flash those separately, but I think they get backed up in an mmcblk0 image.
If fastboot is in the u-boot-image, shouldn't it be impossible to ever damage it? Kernel and partitions are on the mmc but isn't u-boot somewhere else entirely?

Update:
found the answer in your post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...30&postcount=8
"uboot is usually stored in a small i2c or spi memory device".. So until I start messing with I²C, fastboot, uboot and bist should be safe..

Quote:
Glad it's charging now, and good luck. You aren't one of those guys who used fastboot to erase the entire mmc, now are you?
Nope. I guess, if I did that, the diags shouldn't be able to (correctly) tell my MAC, Serial, Board IT etc.

Quote:
Look back in the forums for how Rastik recovered from erasing his mmc by using the serial port. You should be able to do as he did to recover you kindle.
I'm still tempted to go with "hardware failure". Although main mode and diags use different partitions and different kernel, the error was the same in both of them and the mxc_rtc_set_time "BUG" (as stated in output) with sources in interrupts sound like something that's not software.
Perhaps I could compile a new kernel (or patch some files in the partition) to workaround this stuff (similar to the xbox-linux-kernel preventing pci scans), but if the Kindle boots into a diags without problems, the mmc seems to be fine and simply restoring it shouldn't change anything.

Regards,

TCC

Last edited by TCCPhreak; 04-13-2012 at 05:14 AM.
TCCPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote