View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #241
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
Simple - iphones sell like "hotcakes", not like "can openers". They're consumables. They are used for many more purposes, and so more easily broken, so in that sense much more "consumable". But also new phones keep coming out with new features, making the old phone insufficient for your "needs".
Hm, I just upgraded to an iPhone 4S after having an iPhone 3GS for 3 years and the only thing it does that I might use that my old phone didn't is facetime. Also it is faster and has a new battery, which I like.

Quote:
A dedicated e-reader already does everything it's expected to do. I wonder how many users with Wifi e-readers even use the wifi?
I do use it, but with my kindle I'm very deliberate about how and for how long. When I commuted to work I had a long bus commute and would use the 3G on my 1st gen nook all the time...nothing as satisfying of finishing the 1st book of a series and buying the 2nd immediately after, while sitting in traffic on a bus.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote