View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #168
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I was reading a novel this morning and encountered the term, "Lord Woolton's Pie." I was curious so I got on the internet and typed in the phrase for Google. Bingo. Then I considered what I would have done in 1955 to find out what the phrase meant and what my likelihood of success would have been. My answer didn't involve the library. I would have contacted my dear friend, Noreen, who went through the Blitz in London. She would have probably known. But, at the library, I don't know where I would have started.
You probably could have done exactly the same "at the library" where they provide a PC and internet access for free.

The internet compliments libraries, it doesn't make it superfluous
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote