View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #119
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
wayspooled, thanks for the suggestion about Pratchett. I tried The Colour of Magic again and I don't know, it just doesn't grab me. But I think I might skip ahead to Equal Rites, which looks more interesting to me. That should set me up well for Wyrd Sisters.

Wikipedia has quite an interesting article on Discworld, with a thematic reference to each book. I can see that there's plenty there to interest me. That first book just isn't doing it.

Edit: Right now I'm re-reading Barbara Hambly's "Benjamin January" books. I'm on the 4th, Sold Down the River. Highly recommended for those who like historical fiction, New Orleans, and/or mysteries.
The Colour of Magic does give you all kinds of info on one of Discworld's recurring characters. It is worth it to get through it just for that Because the books are different enough from each other, there are ones you may end up liking better then others. But I plan on reading them all no matter.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote