View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
greenasterisk
Enthusiast
greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
What is the point of a smartwatch? A $300 watch that no doubt has to be charged often and doesn't do phone stuff?!

As far as I can see it doesn't do anything that a smartphone doesn't do, except fit on your wrist. And it requires a smartphone, specifically a Samsung one, or tablet. For $300 I can get a very nice conventional watch that never needs charging and just allow my smarthone to notify me when I get an email, text message, or phone call.
I think the market for smart watches are going to explode in the coming years. I personally would like a device which would give me information about messages, calls etc without taking out the mobile phone. It is more of a convenience actually. I think the killer apps for these kind of watches would be health related ones. Ones which enable joggers, exercises, swimmers to track their activity on a daily basis.
greenasterisk is offline   Reply With Quote