View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Calibre Companion and Kindle Fire Newsstand

The main reason I bought Calibre Companion is to wirelessly grab (onto my Kindle Fire Original) the newspapers (news feeds, etc) that Calibre downloads and formats for me every morning. It's working like a charm, except for one thing: after I connect, sync, and disconnect, the Newsstand doesn't see the new issues.

If I dismount and remount the internal SD card, then the KF seems to do a rescan, and the Newsstand will then see the new issues. I don't have an app specifically to do the dismount/remount, but I've got GO Launcher, so I drop out to it and use its switcher widget to do the dismount/remount, then come back into the Kindle launcher. It's clumsy, but it works.

Does anyone know of an app that will do the dismount/remount, saving me the GO Launcher step?

Alternatively (I guess this is directed at chaley), could there be an option in Calibre Companion to dismount/remount the SD card after disconnecting the wireless connection?
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote