View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #24
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
OK, so I must have misunderstood the article then. I have asked Brooklyn Library about the recent additions to their catalogue that are predominantly in ePub only and they could pinpoint select publishers that they received mostly titles in ePub from in the past few weeks, but I would like to know who is directly responsible for this. I also asked Mike@Overdrive in one of the other threads here, but received no answer.

In regards to another comment that was made further up, about Penguin titles versus Kindle availability: less affluent library patrons who may not have a computer or internet connection at home, are better served with Kindle titles: a new basic Kindle costs only $69 and titles can be downloaded directly to the Kindle wirelessly from a library computer. For ePubs, the cheapest option to do this costs $120 (Sony T2) AFAIK.

It's all about choices, so it's goood to have more than one format.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote