View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Not only BSL's but most reviews are also worthless. I suspect that many of them simply reprint the press release they got. I think I agree with frahse though-often I'll bypass a book, even by an author I know, if all the author/publisher/whoever can find to say about it is how much they liked the author's previous books. Unless it's part of a series that I like, then I'll probably buy it-and occasionally I'll be disappointed that way too. I have several series that I've read the first couple of books & stopped either because it appears the author is saying the same thing over & over (me good guy, me fight bad guy, me win is an example) or is simply unable to develop the story in a way that's interesting to me.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote