Thread: Glo Sleep cover issue
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
joiwind
joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joiwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuynh View Post
I assume this isn't normal behaviour but I wanted to see if this bug is happening to anyone else or not. This only happens after I've used the sleep cover to put the Glo to sleep and come back to read a few hours later. I noticed that my Glo will wake up fine but then about a minute later it will go back to sleep while I'm in the middle of reading the first page. I can use the power button to bring it back and it then works fine for the rest of the time I'm reading.

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? I've only had this for a week or so but it's really annoying me. What troubleshooting steps can I do to see if I can fix this behaviour? I believe I have 2.3.1 on the Glo.
This happened to me too for a while - and then things changed : apparently for a reason !
Here's how : I bought a Kobo Glo from the Fnac ( a sort of French megastore) and their logo was used on the Glo screen saver, I also bought a PU sleep cover (and am very happy with that).

Not only did I not enjoy being a walking advertisement for the Fnac but it seems that when an affiliate screen saver is used one doesn't have access to the menu item where you have the option to use a book cover as the screen saver. So I looked around and finally found here on the French forum how to get rid of the logo and lo ! the missing menu item appeared AND I no longer had the problem mentioned in the OP.
Not only that, but previously when I put the Glo to sleep with the Glo light on, when I woke it up again the light was off - now it is on when I wake it up.

Don't ask me to explain ...
joiwind is offline   Reply With Quote