Thread: Android tablet
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #110
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
FYI, here's a thread on the Archos 7 Home Tablet as as e-book reader that's getting started over at ArchosFans... http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=33126

I'm intrigued with the $199 price, and am considering it as an interim device until the "good" Android devices come out over the next year or so. Maybe even with some of them starting to appear this summer.

Three concerns, though...
1) Is decent book reader software available for both ePub and PDF?
2) Can one control screen orientation simply (even without an accelerometer)?
3) Is the device fast enough to handle snappy page turns and large PDFs?
I bought an archos 5, the day before yesterday, i was impressed at think free's capability for pdf reading. (because it can reflow)

For ePub, aldiko woks fine. My only grudge with it is having to put ePubs in a specific folder. And the no folder support. Same for FBreader.

I think the specs for archos 7 are lower than the archos 5's though.

Quote:
I have not yet tested large PDFs, but I will before I write up my full hands on review of it next week.
What apps do you use to read pdf ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-05-2010 at 08:25 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote