View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #87
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Office wasn't preinstalled.
There was a sticker "Office included for free, just download".
Not very clever, marketing-wise, I guess. It should be pre-installed on showroom devices!

What's the student version of Office 2013 worth? € 139?
That leaves a meager € 190 for the tablet itself!
The resolution is 1200 x 800, if I remember correctly. It should be possible, to run all legacy software. I wouldn't make much use of Office on such a small display, though.
I don't like the Asus- and Acer-typical plastic housing. Feels and looks cheap.
But still: € 190 for a Windows 8 tablet!
My Windows 7 tablet HP Slate 2 still costs about € 500 and the display certainly isn't better.
Like I said: Definitely not for me. But still interesting, what low price levels can be achieved nowadays.

I've briefly tested Internet Explorer. Text was perfectly readable, but in a critical range. I wouldn't surf endless hours on it.
That is kind off my point, even if Office is included and you can't really run it due to the limited screen size, it would have been smarter to leave Office off the device and lower it's price so it is below a Nexus 7. That device is pretty much the standard for a 7" device. Me thinks they need to differentiate themselves more from standard devices.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote