View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Thanks livramax. I checked out the links and now feel a bit discouraged. There a few acronyms and words that sound foreign to me I am a complete first timer at this.
Do you know of something that is maybe a bit more idiotproof?
There is no error-proof rooting method that I know of, but I think it's fairly safe to experiment since there is a method to completely backup your NST (which I had referenced) and it is fairly straight forward, basically:
  • Write an image of noogie to a SD
  • Boot your NST with the noogie SD inside
  • Connect the NST to your laptop/PC
  • Save the NST image to your laptop/PC (and archive it to DVD for safe backup).

Quote:
My Nook is as of yet still unopened, as I was not sure if setting it up with my account would add steps to the rooting process.
You should go ahead and setup the BN account, as it does not add complication to the rooting process.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote