View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #49
LucidDreams
Tech Reader
LucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
For someone who lives in Canada, I would suggest Sony, Kindle, Kobo or even one of the less popular devices but never Nook; not because I have something against the new device or company, but because the user won't have any support whatsoever, not without shipping back.
Tech support nowadays is almost useless, if not a joke. More so for products that are at this price level. You're also talking about a 1 year limited warranty and service (some only cover ninety days for labor). But I'm sure that if you called B&N support line they would treat you no differently outside of the USA, so long as you spoke English or Spanish. If it's a physical defect the user will have to ship back any eReader that they purchase. Some manufactures may or may not cover the return shipping, even if it's supported in another country.

The biggest concern is whether the user will want to use the embedded eBook store on the eReader (if it supports Wi-Fi and/or 3G). If that's the case, then the Nook or the Nook Touch isn't the best choice unless they have a USA military email address, those individuals can use the B&N eBook store outside of the country just fine.

Last edited by LucidDreams; 05-30-2011 at 11:52 PM.
LucidDreams is offline   Reply With Quote