View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast View Post
I need to swap title/author first to get them in the correct order... but now it has re-sorted by author (the sort I normally work in) and I will find the new titles moved to last,first or whatever strange thing that is now in Author. Then I have to find them (usually easiest to resort by date to find the new ones) and then bulk rename the author.
Whenever I am operating on a set of books (changing metadata, doing a sequence of bulk metadata edits, etc), the first thing I do is add a unique tag (e.g., ToDo) to all the books of interest. I then create a saved search for the ToDo tag, then set a search restriction to show only books with that tag.

At this point all I see is the set of books I want to mess with. I can search, sort, change metadata, what-have-you, all without losing control, as long as I do not remove the unique tag. Once I am done, I take the tag off the books, keeping it laying around for next time.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote