View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #22361
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Croissants are the Devil's invention. Twice in the past week temptation almost got the better of me. There is a shop in town that sells mini-croissants, but they put a sugar glaze on them. I actually DID give in, walked up to the counter and asked if they had any withOUT the sugar glaze. Fortunately, they didn't, so I didn't buy. The next day I was in an area of Kyoto that I hadn't been before, and lo and behold... right in front of me, one of the DeliFrance chain stores. I'd never seen one in Japan before, but when in Singapore we often eat breakfast there. The croissants are magnificent! Fortunately, I was able to pass it by... but it was a close call.

Stitchawl
Very strong-willed of you. I can resist everything but temptation (Oscar Wilde). My fasting diet allows me to have more of less what I want on the non-fasting days, so I can give in to little temptations . However, I have found my weight loss has more or less stopped, so maybe I'm over-compensating on my off days. Will need to watch those calories every day, methinks. Mind you, I am only one pound above my target weight, so I'm happy enough if I can just maintain.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote