View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #26
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I always have problems searching - took me ages trying to discover the proper format to do a date search one day. (forgotten it now)

I would like to suggest there is a key modifier added that would automatically put the correct string into the search bar, ready for you to search...

ie,
Ctr+"Author column" (Left click in Column heading)
Would place authors:"="

Ah, wait a mo, I bet thats not possible, and it would leave the curser outside of the " so people would have to remember to type in the right place.

Still there should be a more simple one click way of searching within a particular column without having to remember these search strings with : and "" and = etc., as most users are not going to type that, they are just going to free text search

PS (C2D 3Ghz 4GBRam, Win7,64bit
Calibre starts in:
5 seconds - if the library only contains one book.
with 9000 books
60 seconds to open
14 seconds if its previously been opened, ie still in cache
I know some programs open, while loading required data in the background, to speed up load times.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote