View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #22
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
There's no such thing as "theft of income". If you are shopping for a pBook but decide not to buy it, is that theft of income too? There is no right that guarantees income.

The loss of a potential sale is very different from "theft of income".
I did not mean to have you think that I was an incompetent lawyer. I am not a lawyer, and do not make sweeping statements about what is law.

But when I Google "theft of income" law, I get 643 listings. Maybe not a lot by Googles standards but enough to show that the term is not unknown.

In fact it may be entirely inaccurately used be me and many others. As in "All About Copyrights"

"On the ethical question, the artist is entitled to receive income from the sale of the product. Pirating by making copies of existing music, or making arrangements or other alterations to the music and text, results in the loss of sales and theft of income to the publisher and the artist."

Or the SAA.

"Without a more concerted, diligent effort, infringements will continue to create unrecoverable theft of income for both."

"North Dakota Department of Health
Division of Health Facilities"

"Financial abuse fits into one of two general categories – theft of income or theft of assets."

"Prepared Remarks of Acting Deputy Attorney General Craig Morford"

"This was theft not only of the services of the provider, but also the
intellectual property of the original producers of movies, sporting events,
and other programs. And it was theft of income from ...."

OLX Job search -Wanted Attorney — Washington DC

"Wanted attorney for littigation , involving an estate ( class) . Oil Producing real estate (apparent seizure of control ,theft of income by fraudulent means ) . Assault with injury by hotel employees (multinational luxury chain ) trisodium phosphate , tripotassium phosphate in cereal (detergent / industrial cleaner )"

I am not a lawyer, AND NO NOT WANT TO BE.

Lay people (Adj. (DEF 2): Not of or from a profession) will say that so or so murdered someone. Legally that may be wrong because the law breaks it down to murder in the [blank] degree.

"If you are shopping for a pBook but decide not to buy it, is that theft of income too?"

Sophism.

If you will acquire something by simply taking it, then yes.

If you wish to be pedantic about common usage of words on this site all I can do is to place you on my "ignore list".

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 04-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote