View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Well they have announced PDF support for the Kindle 2.
They've announced you can rotate the Kindle 2 screen just like the Kindle DX. [Edit: manual rotation so not exactly like the Kindle DX]
They've announced that the screen saver won't pop on for 20 minutes (instead of 5).

I'm also happy about stripping the margins on PDFs when they are rotated. I have a PDF graphic novel that is just a little too small to read in portrait and switching to landscape didn't help with the wide margins. Now I should be able to read the stinking thing.

The above is for the latest software upgrade, but they also announced that in the first half of the year that they will start supporting folders/tags (or something similar).

I'm really starting to like Amazon.

[EDIT -- Added text below]

I hope they announce ePub support as some point, even if it is non-DRM ePub support only.

Last edited by Daithi; 11-24-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote