View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I'm not sure if landscape mode "simply zooms", but it's true it does not crop the borders nearly as much, for reasons I can't understand.
I'm pretty sure the reason is this: In landscape mode, the width of the screen is almost exactly 8.5", i.e. the same as a letter-sized page. So the zoom level would usually be 100%, perfectly sufficient for at least 95% of documents.

It makes sense to me. It would be nicer to have a more complex zoom feature, but I'm fairly sure that Amazon has left the UI simple to make it user-friendly for the general public.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote