View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #83
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
My point is that this argument only applies if the library or someone else is able to learn that you didn't delete the book. If everyone was to start bragging about how they are downloading and not deleting library ebooks then that could change the behaviour of libraries and publishers for the worse. But that is a separate issue to whether or not you hit the delete key (if you are going to keep your mouth shut about it).
So, your defense is, it is ok to commit a crime if you don't/can't get caught. Thank God most people in civilized society don't agree with this.

Gee... so because you are posting it is ok, but aren't you everyone? Or part of everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Edit: One thing I do agree with you about is that if someone signs a contract with the library that stipulates they mustn't permanently download ebooks then they should keep their promise not to do this (even if the library would never learn what they do).
You have a contract with the library I have no doubt. I assume you have a library card. You applied for it right? This is a "contract". Also, the fact that the ebooks are distributed with a DRM schemes that is designed to keep you from using the book past your checkout time should give you a hint that the do NOT expect or want you to have access to the book permanently.

You reasoning is flawed and self contradictory. Please delete library books once you are done with them. If you want it again, just check it out again!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote