View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
What is the big deal?

Anyone that peruses these lists has the option of using them or not.
I prefer to use them as an indicator of a presence that needs to be checked out at least once.
Wow, who is that? Ugh...

I won't mention names but some of the books that are extoled are pure crud. Most are just mediocre. Some are excellent.

The other thing to remember is that an author may do a great job with one book or series, and then in another they just seem to be flailing a dead horse. It just gets worse and worse.

So remember don't expect consistent great works or terrible works from any author. All of us produce varying results.

And by the way the same expectations work for movies.

Last edited by frahse; 02-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote