Thread: Epub plugin dev
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
What does your plugin do to the ePub?
It's really kind of irrelevant to my question. I don't say that to be a smartass, but rather in an attempt to stay within the forum rules.

Suffice it to say, that the epub's cover is unavailable when the import process begins (and that appears to be when Calibre's Epub metadata reader attempts to extract the cover). For whatever reason. Let's say it's because there is no cover.

After my plugin runs, the cover is available (let's say it's because my plugin inserts a cover), but it's too late in the import process for Calibre to retrieve it properly. I know my plugin does this correctly because I can click that "set cover from selected format" button, and it works.

I just need to know what code is behind that button... and can I simulate "clicking" that button from my plugin? Or is it possible to prioritize my plugin to run before Calibre's built-in 'Read EPUB metadata' plugin?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote