View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatransit View Post
Nope. I ordered the one from the eBay link and it definitely does NOT work.

The pin doesn't slide in all the way--there's some metal showing, so i think it's too long. At any rate, it doesn't charge the PE.
The length of the metal barrel should be 9.5 mm for the PE. It sounds as if it has a 10 mm long barrel - which is standard, all you need to do is fit a bit of sleeving over it if you don't like seeing bare metal.

Now I have to ask the obvious question - two actually, first you did plug it into the power socket and not the headphone socket - I think nearly all of us has made that mistake and second, have you checked that it does give 12v at the plug (barrel = negative, hole = positive).

Rectifying the first is obvious and if there is no voltage then the unit is faulty and should be returned.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote