View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_Smith View Post
Nowadays, we're gradually coverting the paper novels to electronic; if I want to read one of our few remaining paper books, I scan it and check the OCR as I read. I tend to take the view that if you have an e-reader, it makes sense to convert over completely. It's a long job, though! :-)
Some books are so cheap, that it's not worth to put the time into scanning, OCR-ing and checking. If I can get the book for $5.99, compared to hours of scanning and correcting, then I'll gladly pay for the book and make someone else happy with the paper version.

I've converted one 1200 page book into an e-book, and I even didn't have to do the OCR. I used an... uh... found version, that had very good OCR, but very bad layout. Fixing this book, even without having to do the OCR, took so much time that I'm never going to do this again.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote