View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #76
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Understand. The changes I made were to make them more compatible with other readers, when changing fonts though I'll see how it looks with Wake. I remember the Restored Wake was ok in that case.

Was curious if there's a reason for Other Writings to be non-chronological?

Noticed there's a bolded 'w' in 'Give me even my two months by laxlaw'. Haven't seen that in other editions.

I've also modified the inline TOC and removed the individual letters. My iPad Mini had trouble, with display speed and scrolling, with such a large TOC. That helped a lot.

I have an ePub of the Modern Library edition of Dubliners; might get around to comparing it later.

All your work is quite amazing; am enjoying your edition very much.

edit: The Modern Library edition does have quite a few differences in punctuation, words, and line breaks. I'll see if I can make a list. I've also looked at Wake on my iPad and chapter II.2 doesn't display correctly. Neither does it in Chrome so I'd assume that would be true of any webkit browser, and thus many other tablets like Android.

Last edited by democrite; 07-05-2013 at 07:47 PM.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote