View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
The initial post in this thread made me chuckle. I well remember those early days of computing. My first encounter with a computer was in 1977 and t was the size of the average office photocopier. We flew a rocket to the moon (and crashed it) all in text and thought it was sensational. Then in 1986 we bought an Amstrad, very few commercial games available, but lots of magazines with code which needed to be manually typed in and then debugged. Yet we had great fun with it and yes, we then joined an Amstrad users group which has now evolved and still runs as a computer users group. And the debates then about which system was best were just as heated as the current debates about which reader system is best. NOW, well my computer is merely a tool that I use to stay in touch with the world and to edit and display my photographs.

As for my reader, well I am older now and really, I just want to be able to download books and read, so I will be very pleased when the technology makes it possible for me to download any book that I might want.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote