View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #841
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished, moving on to the second in the series, By Schism Rent Asunder. Unfortunately, this is easily the weakest in the series, at least of the ones I've read. But I'm going to plow through it, since my memory is that things improve after this book.
Finished it, and finished #3, By Heresies Distressed. This was read by a different reader, Jason Culp. Many of the reviews on Audible bemoan the change in readers from Oliver Wyman, but I actually prefer Mr. Culp's reading. It's different, but I found myself better able to follow the changes in who is speaking, and the pace was just right for me. Overall, the book is slightly better than #2, but we're still not up to the promise of the first book in the series. IAC, I'm going to take a break from Safehold and listen to something different. Either Moon Over Soho, #2 in the Peter Grant urban fantasy police procedural series from Ben Aaronovitch, read by Kobna Holdbrook-Smith. A new reader for me, since I didn't buy the Audible version of the first in the series, but I'm really quite hopeful since the underlying book should be fun. If not that, then I've always got a Georgette Heyer waiting. Friday's Child, in this case.

Last edited by CRussel; 06-13-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: added link to audio book
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote