View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There is an Amazon Instant Video app for Android, but it is only available for certain LG tv's (running Google TV). They are pretty focussed on set top boxes, including game consoles (even wii).

If AIV is not more generally available, consider that Apple represents 70 per cent of the tablet market, and Fire is half of what is left, leaving a still very diverse range of devices running various versions of Android. I think it took Netflix a year to deliver official support for tablets. Offering more broad Android support is probably on Amazon's roadmap, but they probably don't register much demand for it so it is low priority. And obviously it isn't ever going to be in the Nook App store.

I can watch AIV on my Xoom, because I have a browser that hosts Flash. While it is probably possible to create such an environment on Nook HD, I would not recommend it: not very stable.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote