View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #68
scgf
Connoisseur
scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Amazon PW 3 iPad Pro, iPhone 12 Pro
I accept your argument, but for me it is like having plastic on a sofa to keep it in good condition. So what if there a small risk of dropping it? I'm not happy about losing out on the ergonomics just is case I might drop it (the ebook reader, that is, not the sofa;-)). That's what I have insurance for!

As I explained, I have come to this conclusion over a long period of time. I now find protective cases a nuisance and they detract from the user experience - whether it be cameras, sofas, phones, computers, whatever. For me a case if for protection while the item is not being used.

I must admit, it was quite a step for me to dispense with the protective case concept but I am pleased I did because i enjoy using my devices in the way they were intended so much more.. The Opus just feels like a tablet and is delightful to use as it is.
scgf is offline   Reply With Quote