View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Post Calibre: Small Windows 7 Beta Quirks

Just thought I would post some things I've noticed about Calibre running on Windows 7 Beta. Over all the program runs flawlessly on Windows 7. There was only a minor "first run" loading issue that arose.

The following crash occurred only during the initial run when trying to import a previously created/migrated database; Calibre crashed if and only if you pointed Calibre to a previously created Calibre database. To resolve this issue I allowed Calibre to create a "new" database on its first-run in the default folder. I ran Calibre for the first time with all its virgin settings. After this first-run, I made sure to exit Calibre completely. Then I was able to replace the database with my preferred database.

The only other quirk I found with Windows 7 Beta and Calibre was a rather inconsequential UI bug. Though, for some that have motor or visual impairment it may be troublesome. Here's a screenshot that should show the issue more clearly:

Thanks again for all the incredible effort in creating Calibre. It has brought sanity to my digital reading world.
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote