View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 05:24 AM   #1
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Smile Christmas gift: MahJonG game (starting from SD card via autorun)

Hi!

Here is one more game for Sony Readers.
Though I developed it for my PRS-500 I first post this version for model PRS-505.
(Version 1.0 for 500s is here...)

Quite some time ago I posted a previous game (Fiveballs).
MahJonG seems to me much better suited to a reading device like ours... Actually I find myself sitting on our couch for hours diddling with it.

If you like it and want to try it, I'd be gratious grateful for your opinion AFTER you tried it!
(It is quite easy to design new layouts but I did not implement that feature into the game. Anyway this should be done "outside" the device...)

There is a zip file that has to be unzipped: afterwards put "Sony Reader" onto the root directory of your SD card.
ATTENTION: applications starting from SD cards drain battery power quite fast! I usually play it with the AC plug connected.

I'll attach a screenshot to this article; this was taken after I "migrated" my PRS game to a "normal" JavaScript browser application. It just gives you an idea how it might look on your PRS (look at it in a 67 percent view !).

Have a nice Christmas time!

Clemens

(Just a forgotten "tool tip": if you move the joystick up/down it will go sideways TWO steps.
PLUS: while developing this app it sometimes SEEMED not to load on the screen; if I then moved the joystick in any direction it appeared immediately - I think this would only happen on MY device, still ...)

I removed the file "..._9.zip" as it only lacked the ability to use PAGE buttons for left/right navigation. Then I did away with version "..._9_1.zip" and "...92.zip" but here is a new one with ONE undo-step and much smoother interface (cursor is set correctly after each delete)

* PLUS * number of tiles and current PAIRS left displayed in the status line!

(Just for records: 1st version "Sony..._09.zip" 75, 2nd "...09_1.zip" 73, 3rd "...92" 140 views/downloads.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_Mozilla.png
Views:	1343
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	18968  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sony_PRS505_MahJonG_094.zip (165.1 KB, 1144 views)

Last edited by Clemenseken; 12-28-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added PAGE button ability / FORGOTTEN MahJonG tiles file !!!
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote