Thread: App Wishlist
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
cleber, now I get the issue. I've read that even in some languages that have a break between words as in Russian, the dictionary lookup is not working and there is no clear reason why.

Amazon added Unicode ranges for Japanese and Chinese (and other languages); however, they do not "officially" support them.

However, I see that hackers are actually expanding Kindle 3's functionality. Folks on the Russian forum have added a Russian/Ukrainian keyboard that can be opened with Alt+Sym. This method would also work for other languages that have a limited number of letters in their alphabet.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote