Thread: App Wishlist
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Bill Lumburgh
Enthusiast
Bill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh128 View Post
Notes, desperately need notes.
One thousand times yes!

Notes and if possible, some kind of shopping list app that allows you to add items from a menu to your shopping list.

I can understand that they want to keep it simple to make sure they don't confuse the average consumer with a ton of options. But the average consumer loves options, as long as there's the appearance of simplicity (that's kind of Apple's business model: take something somebody else already invented, make it easy, pretty and expensive, then try to make it seem exclusive even though it's not, rinse, lather, repeat).

That's one of the things I just don't understand. The developers clearly don't have a problem with this. That's why you can search for "4+4" and you'll get 8. That's why you can hit Alt+Shift+M to pull up Minesweeper and GoMoku. The average user won't ever find those easter eggs, which, I suppose, is sort of the point. But I'm sure many people would even happily pay a buck or two if there was a Minesweeper game easily available in the Kindle store.
Bill Lumburgh is offline   Reply With Quote