View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
The current copyright period is waaaay too long. The public interest is in no way served by life + 70. It's ludicrous. Just look at the whole William Faulkner debacle. The man's been dead for 50 years, god rest his soul.

I only get paid for the work I do once, and that's it. If I want to get paid again, I have to do more work. Obviously it's different with artists, but c'mon, I think 50 years - a whole half century! - is more than fair. Can you imagine, the Beatles catalog would be coming into the public domain. Obviously, the powers that be will never let that happen.

Last edited by usuallee; 07-09-2013 at 09:32 AM.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote