View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
rdblots
rdblots began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge, full sized edge
Question about images on PE/EE

What I would like to do is while I am reading a pdf on the eink side, to be able to take a snapshot (of formulas, or a body of text, etc.), and attach that to a note that I have open in Evernote on the LCD side. The problem is a snapshot saves as an image, which goes to the library. The library does not show up in the folder search that I do in order to choose an attachment. I read in a previous post that the library folder is hidden, and this is why I cannot find the files that I am looking for (this same issue arises if I am looking for journal files to attach).

The one workaround I can find is to annotate that page of the pdf --> email as pdf (only that page) --> then attach the pdf to the note

This is potentially two or three steps more difficult than if I could just snapshot, then attach (extra steps necessary if I am reading in landscape mode). Also, an image might be more useful than a pdf attachment in Evernote in terms of what is or isn't searchable, but this is speculation and I have not actually tested that.

Am I missing something obvious, or is my workaround the quickest way to go to make this happen? Thanks.
rdblots is offline   Reply With Quote