View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaynton View Post
What I would like to be able to do is scroll through my library and select titles (not authors) for the purpose of identifying all as a category (i.e. "history"). I can select them, but can't find a way of then matching them to a category that I create. Is there a reasonably simple solution?
Once you select all the books you want to add to a category (whatever you mean by category, I'll assume tags) click edit metadata and add the tag to those books or click the custom metadata tab within the edit metadata screen and add whatever metadata you wish to those books selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaynton View Post
Unrelated 2nd question. I have 2,400 different tags, inherited from the metadata downloaded. Is there a simple way of ridding myself of these and replacing them with a more manageable number of tags?
I had a similar problem that I solved using the Goodreads Metadata Source Plugin it allowed me to map the genres from Goodreads into a finite set of tags. When I download metadata I only download tags from Goodreads. I cleared all existing tags (edit metadata) and re-download tags from Goodreads in batches of 100 or so books at a time. I now have a 10,000 book library and only 240 tags.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote