View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #394
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Some more testing with the uk.nook.com/store website.
Using a free UK VPN (Securitykiss) I have created an UK account. Using a different e-mail address than my US account, but using the same Dutch credit card. Registering the account with an UK shipping and billing address.
I was able to buy free as well as paid books without a problem. One thing I noticed is that the Nook library has no option to download an ebook, just to archive or delete it.
I installed the Nook for PC program from the US website. The program works fine with the UK account.
I am no longer using my NC (bought an Android tablet) so I erased and deregistered it, than registered it to my UK account. I got an error about credit card info not detected, and the shop still points to the US store, but the books from the UK account were downloaded fine, and I could read them without a problem.
So non-supported devices (N1E, NC, NT) can be used to read the books from an UK account, but not to shop.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote