View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #49
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
I was going to let the matter go, as it seems that no consensus can be reached, but you have drawn me in. I know we will probably not see eye to eye on this, ---
"My friend," if I might be allowed that.
I have said there were warts and thorns. I know that. In time we may all understand these things better and a happier and brighter world will ensue. I sincerely hope that happens.

What we are dealing with now is a "revolution" of sorts. A digital revolution where we are trying to learn what works, to sort out things.

You are right in that if I don't please my customers, I will not do well as an author. I try to do that, and succeed generally.

There are many kinds of readers, and many kinds of books.
I think most readers, and I am in this category, generally read a book once and then move on. True, years later, for one reason or another, they may re-read the same book, which might have been on a bookcase in the den a few years ago.

Here at Mobileread, if you listen to the pulse of things, it looks like many people read, and re-read their books and like to have them in bookcases or on their eReaders just to keep them company.

Those are 2 extremes of the reader.

I think and have been told that the first group is more general and DRM doesn't really affect them, and that the sellers are finding ways to accommodate the second group. Is everyone in that group happy? No, but that is the way things usually are.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote